San Diego

While the first part of my Spring Break wasn't terribly exciting, the second half was a lot of fun. My friend Caity came to visit, and we hung out for the weekend.

On Friday, we drove down to San Diego, and checked out Balboa Park for a bit. It's really nice, but we weren't able to find many of the gardens. We were only there for a bit, and didn't feel like spending money to check out the museums, so there wasn't a TON to do there, but we did check out the botanical garden, which was neat. Mostly, it was just to kill time, and it definitely served that purpose. I want to go back again sometime to check out the museums though; especially the Natural History Museum and the Science Center. I haven't been to those since I was a little kid, so it'd be great to go back.

We were both pretty tired from the drive and walking around, so we just relaxed at the hotel for the rest of the day. Then on Saturday, after a stop at Denny's, it was off to the world-famous San Diego Zoo!

The Zoo was great. Absolutely great. I used to go at least once a year, if not more often, when I was in elementary school, because my grandparents live in the area. But I haven't gone since I was probably 10 or 11. And for whatever reason, the Zoo was just as fun as it was 10 years ago.

There was just something great about walking around and seeing all the animals. It probably helps that the San Diego Zoo is known for it's wide, open-air exhibits, so they're more exciting than you might initially think. Plus, there was that whole nostalgia factor for me too, which was really nice.

But still, we'd just find ourselves watching animals (especially the otters!) for long periods of time, just fascinated by them. It was just a really neat experience.

Some pictures:









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend Caity sounds cool. I wish I could have met her.

Post a Comment